The Amazonian Magic Mushroom is a prolific and versatile producer that thrives in high humidity conditions. Its robust mycelium layer enables it to spread rapidly within the soil, resulting in an extremely fast production cycle. The fungus grows on fleshy stems that end with a brownish cap with a nipple-like structure at the apex.
Amazon Magic Mushroom and Penis Envy are both extremely potent mushrooms. The former came from China, and its potency has a history that isn’t always clear. Nonetheless, there are some interesting facts to consider. First, penis envy mushrooms are more powerful than other varieties of magic mushrooms.
The first discovery of penis envy mushrooms is credited to Terence McKenna, a renowned ethnobotanist and psychedelic advocate. In the early 1970s, he stumbled upon a large patch of psychedelic mushrooms. He cultivated the spores and later shared his findings with mycologists in the U.S. Eventually, he gave one sample to a mycologist named Steven H. Pollock, who further researched the mushroom and refined its effects.
WHAT VARIETY SHOULD I CHOOSE?
As you learn how to grow psilocybin mushrooms indoors, you?ll want to decide on a species and strain. Most suppliers offer a range to choose from, but the?Psilocybe cubensis?B+ and Golden Teacher mushrooms are among the most popular for beginners. While not as potent as some others, like Penis Envy, they?re reportedly more forgiving of sub-optimal and changeable conditions.
- Spore syringe, 10-12 cc
- Organic brown rice flour
- Vermiculite, medium/fine
- Drinking water
- 12 shoulderless half-pint jars with lids
- Hammer and small nail
- Measuring cup
- Mixing bowl
- Heavy-duty tin foil
- Large cooking pot with a tight lid for steaming
- Small towel
- Micropore tape
- Clear plastic storage box, 50-115L
- Drill with a quarter-inch drill bit
- Mist spray bottle
HOW To Grow Amazon Magic Mushroom
STEP 1: PREPARATION
1) Prepare jars:
- With the hammer and nail (which should be wiped with alcohol to disinfect) punch four holes down through each of the lids, evenly spaced around their circumferences.
2) Prepare substrate:
- For each jar, thoroughly combine ? cup vermiculite and ? cup water in the mixing bowl. Drain excess water using the disinfected strainer.
- Add ? cup brown rice flour?per half-pint jar?to the bowl and combine with the moist vermiculite.
3) Fill jars:
- Being careful not to pack too tightly, fill the jars to within a half-inch of the rims.
- Sterilize this top half-inch with rubbing alcohol
- Top off your jars with a layer of dry vermiculite to insulate the substrate from contaminants.
4) Steam sterilize:
- Tightly screw on the lids and cover the jars with tin foil. Secure the edges of the foil around the sides of the jars to prevent water and condensation from getting through the holes.
- Place the small towel (or paper towels) into the large cooking pot and arrange the jars on top, ensuring they don?t touch the base.
- Add tap water to a level halfway up the sides of the jars and bring to a slow boil, ensuring the jars remain upright.
- Place the tight-fitting lid on the pot and leave to steam for 75-90 minutes. If the pot runs dry, replenish with hot tap water.
NOTE:?Some growers prefer to use a pressure cooker set for 60 minutes at 15 PSI.
5) Allow to cool:
- After steaming, leave the foil-covered jars in the pot for several hours or overnight. They need to be at room temperature before the next step.
STEP 2: INOCULATION
1) Sanitize and prepare syringe:
- Use a lighter to heat the length of your syringe?s needle until it glows red hot. Allow it to cool and wipe it with alcohol, taking care not to touch it with your hands.
- Pull back the plunger a little and shake the syringe to evenly distribute the magic mushroom spores.
NOTE:?If your spore syringe and needle require assembly before use, be extremely careful to avoid contamination in the process. Sterilized latex gloves and a surgical mask can help, but the surest way is to assemble the syringe inside a disinfected still air or glove box.
2) Inject spores:
- Remove the foil from the first of your jars and insert the syringe as far as it will go through one of the holes.
- With the needle touching the side of the jar, inject approximately ? cc of the spore solution (or slightly less if using a 10 cc syringe across 12 jars).
- Repeat for the other three holes, wiping the needle with alcohol between each.
- Cover the holes with micropore tape and set the jar aside, leaving the foil off.
- Repeat the inoculation process for the remaining jars, sterilizing your needle with the lighter, and then alcohol between each.
STEP 3: COLONIZATION
1) Wait for the mycelium:
- Place your inoculated jars somewhere clean and out of the way. Avoid direct sunlight and temperatures outside 70-80 ?F (room temperature).
- White, fluffy-looking mycelium should start to appear between seven and 14 days, spreading outward from the inoculation sites.
NOTE:?Watch out for any signs of contamination, including strange colors and smells, and dispose of any suspect jars immediately. Do this outside in a secure bag without unscrewing the lids. If you?re unsure about whether a jar is contaminated, always err on the side of caution?even if the substrate is otherwise healthily colonized?as some contaminants are deadly for humans.
- After three to four weeks, if all goes well, you should have at least six successfully colonized jars. Leave for another seven days to allow the mycelium to strengthen its hold on the substrate.
STEP 4: PREPARING THE GROW CHAMBER
1) Make a shotgun fruiting chamber:
- Take your plastic storage container and drill ?-inch holes roughly two inches apart all over the sides, base, and lid. To avoid cracking, drill your holes from the inside out into a block of wood.
- Set the box over four stable objects, arranged at the corners to allow air to flow underneath. You may also want to cover the surface under the box to protect it from moisture leakage.
NOTE:?The shotgun fruiting chamber is far from the best design, but it?s quick and easy to build and does the job well for beginners. Later, you may want to try out alternatives.
2) Add perlite:
- Place your perlite into a strainer and run it under the cold tap to soak.
- Allow it to drain until there are no drips left, then spread it over the base of your grow chamber.
- Repeat for a layer of perlite roughly 4-5 inches deep.
STEP 5: FRUITING
1) ?Birth? the colonized substrates (or ?cakes?):
- Open your jars and remove the dry vermiculite layer from each, taking care not to damage your substrates, or ?cakes?, in the process.
- Upend each jar and tap down onto a disinfected surface to release the cakes intact.
2) Dunk the cakes:
- Rinse the cakes one at a time under a cold tap to remove any loose vermiculite, again taking care not to damage them.
- Fill your cooking pot, or another large container, with tepid water, and place your cakes inside. Submerge them just beneath the surface with another pot or similar heavy item.
- Leave the pot at room temperature for up to 24 hours for the cakes to rehydrate.
3) Roll the cakes:
- Remove the cakes from the water and place them on a disinfected surface.
- Fill your mixing bowl with dry vermiculite.
- Roll your cakes one by one to fully coat them in vermiculite. This will help to keep in the moisture.
4) Transfer to grow chamber:
- Cut a tin foil square for each of your cakes, large enough for them to sit on without touching the perlite.
- Space these evenly inside the grow chamber.
- Place your cakes on top and gently mist the chamber with the spray bottle.
- Fan with the lid before closing.
5) Optimize and monitor conditions:
- Mist the chamber around four times a day to keep the humidity up, taking care not to soak your cakes with water.
- Fan with the lid up to six times a day, especially after misting, to increase airflow.
NOTE:?Some growers use fluorescent lighting set on a 12-hour cycle, but indirect or ambient lighting during the day is fine. Mycelium only needs a little light to determine where the open air is and where to put forth mushrooms.
STEP 6: HARVESTING
1) Watch for fruits:
- Your mushrooms, or fruits, will appear as tiny white bumps before sprouting into ?pins.? After 5-12 days, they?ll be ready to harvest.
2) Pick your fruits:
- When ready, cut your mushrooms close to the cake to remove. Don?t wait for them to reach the end of their growth, as they?ll begin to lose potency as they mature.
NOTE:?The best time to harvest mushrooms is right before the veil breaks. At this stage, they?ll have light, conical-shaped caps and covered gills.
How long does it take to grow magic mushrooms at home?
The time it takes for your mycelium-colonized substrate to put forth harvestable fruits depends on several factors. But the whole process of cultivating mushrooms should take between 1-2 months.
You should be able to harvest your fruits 5-12 days after they first begin to sprout from the mushroom substrate.
The trick is to harvest them before the veil breaks, i.e before they fully mature and release their spores. In other words, the gills should still be covered. At this stage, your mushrooms should also have light, conical caps.
How to and not to use Magic Mushrooms
We have written a responsible use guide so you can benefit from our knowledge. Following the advice will make your trip more pure, beautiful and safe.
To have the best experience from a magic mushrooms trip, we recommend always planning your trip at least a couple of days ahead so you can mentally and physically prepare yourself for the mind broadening experience. There are certain precautions that you should take especially when you have never had an experience with the?magic mushrooms.
Preparation before using magic mushrooms
- The minimum age for a person to use magic mushrooms is 18 years. Of course not everyone matures at the same rate, that?s why we recommend the use to people of 21 years and older.
- Only take mushrooms when you are in good mental health, for instance you should not be depressed. Also important is that you are in good physical health and that you have no bacterial and/or viral infections like the common cold or the flu.
- Do not use mushrooms if you are alone. It is preferable to use them with a person that has taken mushrooms before.
Food and drinks
- There has to be plenty of drinking water for everyone.
- Direct access to sugar containing drinks (dextrose) is strongly recommended. In case you want to lessen the effects this is what you should take.
- When taken on an empty stomach, magic mushrooms will have the best effect. Consume magic mushrooms at least 2.5 hours after your last meal. You can expect the effects to start within 20 to 60 minutes, depending on the rate of your metabolism.
- A portion of the?cubensis species?15 grams. In dry weight this is 1.5 grams. Never take more than this. Not even when your friends already feel the effects and you don?t. Just wait a little longer.
Surroundings and people
- The people you will take them with should be people you like and trust.
- Take mushrooms because you want to take them and not because other people convince you to while you?re not completely confident in doing so.
- When you are scared of the potential effects,?DO NOT TAKE MAGIC MUSHROOMS!
- Make sure that one or more people in your company will be the so called ?sitters?. This means that they will stay clear from taking mushrooms. In case someone will need attention they can take care of that person.
- Keep the next 24 hours free from appointments. Take your time for magic mushrooms. The idea that you will need to take a train soon or that you have a job interview will stress you and will take a lot of beauty out of your trip.
- Switch off your phone. Most people will not be able to react rationally in the event they are confronted with bad or good news. Others also switch off the doorbell so they won?t be disturbed.
- Take magic mushrooms in a quiet environment with no or very few strangers (people that do not belong to your group.) Being in nature or perhaps indoors is advisable. Magic mushrooms are no party drugs. Festivals and concert halls are not good places to do them.
- Make sure you know how to be able to contact the local emergency services.
NEVER?take magic mushrooms in combination with other drugs. Especially not with alcohol and also stay clear from cannabis use.
Let?s consider different shrooms dosage and their potential impact on your body.
- 0.1 to 0.5 grams?of psilocybe cubensis. Generally known as?microdosing, this range is standard during therapeutic treatments. This shrooms dosage isn?t enough to create a ?high,? but only minimal acute drug effects that can help long-term.
- 1 gram of psilocybe cubensis (~10 mg psilocybin). A low shrooms dosage, 1 gram still produces some effects such as euphoria and the enhancement of all senses
- 1.75 grams?of psilocybe cubensis?(~17.5 mg psilocybin). A medium shrooms dosage, known to produce some hallucinogenic effects (mostly visual and sensory) and stronger euphoria
- 3.5 grams?of psilocybe cubensis?(~35 mg psilocybin). A high shrooms dosage with strong visual and sensory distortions which may bring on mind-blowing effects and synesthesia (blending of the senses)
- 5 grams?of psilocybe cubensis?(~50 mg psilocybin). The ?heroic shrooms dosage,? 5 grams of shrooms typically brings the full depth of a?mushroom trip experience. The term comes from American ethnobotanist?Terrence McKenna, an advocate for the use of psychedelics. Taking this high shrooms dosage is extremely rare, with side effects being things like a complete loss of control and losing the grasp of reality.
Johns Hopkins University conducted?psilocybin trials, finding that high doses of magic mushrooms induced a ?mystical-type experience?. In other words, this is a complete psychedelic experience.
The psilocybin dose in mushrooms varies, not only depending on the species, but also the freshness. Over time, mushrooms start degrading and the dose of psilocybin gets lower. This is why finding the right shrooms dosage may be difficult.
A?recent study?proved how psilocybin degrades in 15 months when put in storage, with different rates of degradation depending on temperature and lighting conditions. It was best when the mushrooms were kept in a dark place at room temperature.
Microdosing, where people take miniscule amounts of substances to change patterns of behavior, has brought psychedelics to the mainstream.
- Microdosing refers to the practice of regularly using small amounts of psychedelic substances that do not impair cognitive function.
- Evidence from mostly small observational studies suggests that microdosing psilocybin, the psychoactive ingredient in magic mushrooms, can improve cognitive function and alleviate symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- In agreement with these data, a large study now shows that individuals who microdose psilocybin showed improved mood and a greater decline in anxiety, depression, and stress over a one-month period than those who did not microdose.
- Notably, these improvements in mental health and mood associated with microdosing psilocybin were also observed in individuals with mental health concerns.
A large study recently published in the journal?Scientific ReportsTrusted Sourceshows that?microdosingTrusted Source?psilocybin?Trusted Sourceresulted in greater improvements in mental health and mood than in individuals who did not engage in microdosing.
The study?s co-author?Joseph Rootman, a doctoral student at the University of British Columbia, said that the study was ?the largest longitudinal study to date? on microdosing psilocybin and one of the few pieces of research to include a control group.
Aiden (verified owner) –
Riley (verified owner) –
Very well worth the money.
Angel (verified owner) –
Very fast delivery.
Jackson (verified owner) –
The product is firmly packed.
Ryan (verified owner) –
The product is firmly packed.
Nolan (verified owner) –
Zane (verified owner) –